As per RBI’s directive, Banks are advised to transfer such unclaimed deposits / inoperative account which are inoperative for 10 years or more to Depositor’s Education and Awareness Fund Scheme, 2014 (DEAF) with RBI.
Customers are required to approach respective home branch (i.e the branch wherein they have maintained the account) to claim the balance in the account / activate the inoperative account with the following procedure:
- If the depositor wishes to activate / operate the account then he /she should submit all fresh documents as per KYC norms to the branch.
- If the depositor wishes to claim the balance in unclaimed deposit account then the following documents required to be submitted at home branch:
- Form for claiming the amount in unclaimed deposits duly completed in all respects. (Please Click here to download the form)
- Copy of PAN card.
- Copy of Aadhar Card/ Passport/Driving License / Voter ID (Any One )
- Copy of latest utility bill (Telephone /Electricity/ Gas - Any One)
- Details of accounts held with the bank which is/are included in the Bank’s website with the passbook, cheque book, deposit receipt etc.
- Two latest Passport-size photographs of the customer/s.
Please bring the original documents for verification.